Titus Women invites you to
Autumn Harvest 2014: Falling Forward into Jesus!
September 21-December 20, 2014
“Now when Daniel knew .…he continued kneeling on his knees three time a day, praying and giving thanks before His God, as he had been doing previously.” Daniel 6:10
The beauty and harvest of autumn causes us to fall on our knees in awe, with a grateful heart to our heavenly Father for His never ending, faithful, loving kindness (Ephesians 3:12,14,15). Therefore we would like to invite all of our Titus friends to participate in the new fall “Autumn Harvest” which will be the central focus of our weekly eNews through December 20.
Whoever is at the earthly control center for setting time instructs us each autumn to set our clocks back one hour. They say it saves electricity. Let’s use of that “extra hour”. Instead of experiencing a “fall back”, for the next ninety days we will unite our hearts in “falling forward” into Jesus through His Word and prayer.
The foundation of our ninety days is built on God’s Word from the book of Daniel. Daniel was one of the godly remnants who thrived during the Babylonian captivity, believing and trusting in God alone! It hadn’t been an easy ride during those years of enslavement, but God knows those who are truly His. When the time came for God to act and demonstrate His glory He knew who to appoint for the privilege of carrying His presence to the nations.
We invite you to participate in our 90 days of falling forward into Jesus.
Preparation: Please take the time to read all the referred scriptures.
- A pure and loyal heart to know and live IN Jesus (Psalm 51:10; Philippians 3:8-10)
- Choose the Bible above all other reading for the blueprint of life (II Timothy 3:16)
- A personal Falling Forward journal with pen and highlighter to record God’s given insights, record the names of the hearts He gives to carry before His presence and His anointed work
- A commitment to live according to His Word: pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17)
Purpose: In reverence and humility we are coming boldly to our Heavenly Father through the communion of prayer and the reading of His Word in order to:
- Align our will in His
- Know, live and grow in His Son
- Allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in every aspect of living
- Pray in faith for souls white unto harvest to be saved, sanctified and satisfied through the blood of Jesus and His indwelling Holy Spirit (Luke 19:10)
- Reap the promises given to us through His son Jesus (II Corinthians 1:20)
Pattern: Following pure in heart, living as is seen in the life of Daniel…
God-Minded as Daniel- …purposed in his heart (made up his mind) not to defile himself with the king’s choice… (Daniel 1:8)
Distinguished – Daniel distinguished himself above all the governors… There is a man in your kingdom in whom is the Spirit of the holy God… (Daniel 6:3; 5:11).
Daring – They could find no ground of accusation or evidence of corruption, inasmuch as he was faithful, and no negligence or corruption was to be found in him (Daniel 6:4).
Deliberate – Now when he learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem (Daniel 6:10a). World-wide the forward bow or bent knee signifies honor, offering of one’s willing allegiance, acknowledging dependence and heart-felt gratitude in the presence of superior officials. Daniel’s outward symbolic posture gave witness to his inner center in God and changed the course of life for the king, the entire nation and the whole world.
Devoted – He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God (Daniel 6:10b).
Delivered – The king was overjoyed and ordered that Daniel be lifted from the den. Not a scratch was found on him, for he had trusted in his God (Daniel 6:23).
A. Beginning September 19, read your daily Scripture portions. (These are in no way to be all inclusive; but suggested as portions along with your other study of His Word.)
B. On October 22, we will begin falling forward with a focus on 40 days of praying for our 10 Most Wanted for Christ. Begin asking Jesus for those ten people He wants you to carry in your heart through prayer, as a mother carries her unborn child. Write their names, along with their need, in your Falling Forward Journal. Be sure to leave space to write down the promises, prayers and practical touches of His love He gives for these individuals.
C. Present a deliberate offering of yourself three times a day to be with God in a symbolic posture of falling forward giving unrestrained allegiance and loving worship, bringing before him our most wanted for His Kingdom. (Note: If unable to actually kneel, sit at a table and place your head on your arms).
- Early morning: Before you begin your day fall on your knees and pray the Lord’s Prayer using the translation you are most familiar with (Matthew 6:9-15).
- Noon: Stop what you are doing and fall forward in prayer! Bring every thought, care, burden and need captive to the obedience of Christ (II Corinthians 10: 3-5). It is a great time to lift your ten most wanted!
- Evening: Fall on your knees in praise and thanksgiving for his grace, mercy and faithfulness. He hears your prayers (Lamentations 3:22,24; Psalm 55:17; 65:8; 141:2).
D. Feast on the weekly posting of “Grain for Gleaning” from the heart of another “Autumn Harvester” featured in our Titus Women eNews. If you are not receiving the weekly eNews each Friday, please click here.
Click the links below for printables and music that will enrich your Autumn Harvest time.
Journal Sticker Reading Schedule
Autumn Harvest Theme Song 10 Most Wanted for Christ
Receive posts by email