Practice His Presence
Repeat these words often: “Thank you, God, for your presence. You are here. You are El-roi, the God who sees me.”
- Say it when you get out of bed.
- Speak it aloud in the car on the way to work or school.
- Whisper it throughout the day.
- Repeat it in your thoughts.
- Add it to your mealtime blessings. Recite it again at bedtime.
Read Genesis 16
Turn Scripture into a Personal Prayer:
The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you,but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
My Loving Heavenly Father, It amazes me that You who are mighty to save take delight in me! It is even more amazing to visualize You rejoicing over me with singing, yet it brings me in- expressible gladness! Your love does quiet my heart and gives me peace. Thank you, dear God, that You are with me right now; you are El-roi, the God who sees me! Amen1
1Patsy Lewis. Simply Praying (Kansas City, Missouri: Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City, 2006), p. 129-131.