Coping with Change
Today incorporate as many of the following suggestions as possible:
- Read a few pages from a helpful book.
- Write a page in your journal starting with the words, “My spiritual journey is like . . . .” Read a few of your past entries.
- Take a prayer walk, and talk to God aloud about decisions you need to make.
- Eat three light but well balanced meals with a snack of fruit or cheese between each meal and drink at least six glasses of water. At each meal, make your prayer of blessing meaningful rather than routine.
- Take a warm shower before going to bed early. If you do not go to sleep right away, spend those minutes giving thanks to God, count your blessings.
- Find ways to make your entire day prayer filled.
Turn Scripture into a Personal Prayer:
Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in[a] you? 1 Corinthians 3:16
Dear God, It amazes me to think that my body is the temple of the blessed Holy Spirit. I want to make every room of my heart available to You. Show me how to care for this body and to bring glory to You by the way that I walk, talk, and live no matter what changes I am facing. Amen1
1Patsy Lewis. Simply Praying (Kansas City, Missouri: Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City, 2006), 204-206.